Oberon Community Platform Forum
December 14, 2019, 05:25:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oberons on ARMs  (Read 7304 times)
Wlad

« on: January 24, 2008, 09:50:18 PM »

Hi!
I am interested in using "an oberon" in ARM-7.
Any advice?
staubesv
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 10:26:45 PM »

Hmm... for the Active Oberon System (AOS), the ARM-story is a bit difficult. There is, for example, an ARM back-end for the PACO (Parallel Active Oberon Compiler) contained in the release. But the AOS kernel for ARM is currently out-of-date (that's why we deleted the ARM subdirectory from our repository before making it available to the public  - it would have brought much more confusion than use).
I'll talk to my colleagues here and try to find out the state of the ARM version of AOS.

I don't know about what other "Oberons" are available for ARM and what their state is...
Wlad

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 10:47:57 PM »

Tnx!
I think (for my tasks) it will be ok to use even Oberon-0.
greim

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 04:39:28 PM »

Lets go embedded !!!
For my opinion that is a very important feature for AOS/Oberon and Pascal as well. The future will be embedded. The mobile and embedded systems are and will be follower of
the PCs, as the PCs where in the late seventies and early eighties (remember Pascal for CP/M from Borland...) the follower of the big irons.
I wrote a similar message i guess in 1993 in the BORGER Pascal forum of Compuserve (it was before the Internet) . But they laughed about me...
the result  Wink : Borland didn't exist anymore as compile producer....
Keep in mind that developers have to pay a hell of money for ofteninstable working development enviroments. (i know what i am talking about).
For the x386 world AOS has no real chance against Linux and Windows.
But the ARM is the x386 of the embedded world, and at least for this family we should present a developement platform for free.
(Lets earn the money with consulting ;-))

Just my five pence

Markus Greim
BohdanT

Life is difficult, but fortunately is short!

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 09:34:20 AM »

Indeed, at the first meeting with BlueBottle (A2) immediately raises the idea of Embedded-Application. There are almost all possible(except absent classic debugger)

Indeed unlikely in the foreseeable future there is an opportunity to compete with Linux or Wondows. Just need to create a lot of software for at least the appearance of such a possibility.

I think that it would be cool to create A2 under the different architecture, including the AVR32!
Wlad

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 08:24:36 PM »

As I've said we're switched to AVR32 series from ARMs. I'm very interested in AOS on AVR32. It looks very possible I will be the senior developer LCD pilotage information screen drived by AVR32 based circuit. Of course we will be able implement it in "classical" C/ASM pair. But...  Wink
cfbsoftware

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 01:58:44 AM »

Any advice?
Which: "an Oberon operating system" running on ARM-7 or "an Oberon language" generating ARM-7 executables?

Chris Burrows
Astrobe v7.0 (Feb 2019): Oberon for ARM Cortex-M3, M4 and M7 Microcontrollers
http://www.astrobe.com
Wlad

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 06:29:49 AM »

Any advice?
Which: "an Oberon operating system" running on ARM-7 or "an Oberon language" generating ARM-7 executables?
I saw this page. It's interesting but it may be too late... Shocked(

Management is very lazy and "boned" people but if you've managed to wake them up they become a trrible moving machine crushing everything on its way!...
ARMXXX is now forgotten! AVR32 is our everything now!... Shocked)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: