Oberon Community Platform Forum
November 22, 2019, 06:18:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Compiler problem?  (Read 5269 times)
darek

« on: September 10, 2008, 08:51:45 AM »

Dear All,
  Yesterday I have upgraded  my WinAos  installation  (running on WinXP Pro, SP2 on Lenovo Z61t) to the newest release (1579).

When I tried to compile my BitReversing.Mod module, the compiler hangs-up, and the CPU's usage went to 50% for each core.

There is no TRAP, no error message, just nothing at all.

Any ideas?

Regards,
   Darek

negelef
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 09:00:05 AM »

Would you mind to provide us with this module or at least some source code that provokes the same behaviour? Otherwise I'm afraid we can't help you much.
darek

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 09:12:50 AM »

Easy, this is one of the modules, I have posted to this group.
You can find it in : Development-> General -> Bit reversing functions part 2.

Regards,
  Darek
negelef
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 10:12:12 AM »

Dear darek,

unfortunately I was not able to reproduce this behaviour. I made a completely new checkout of both revisions 1239 and 1579 and repeatedly successfully compiled the module Development -> General -> Bit reversing functions part 2 -> BitReversing.Mod (aliasing the import AosOut to KernelLog in case of revision 1579) both within PET and as a command. Then I even rebuilt the complete release of both revisions and compiled your module again. Maybe we are missing something?

Could you please try the following:
  • Remove all existing object files of your module and modules importing it before compiling it anew.
  • Repeatedly remove parts of your module and compile it until the behaviour vanishes. What does the simplest and smallest but still valid module look like that causes this behaviour?
darek

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 10:47:18 AM »

Hi,
 thanks for your  replay.  It seems to be working very well after I have removed all object files generated by
 the old compiler Grin.

I am using WinAos r.1579 right now.

All the time new experiences !!!

Regards,
  Darek 

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 11:38:50 AM by darek » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: