Oberon Community Platform Forum
December 12, 2019, 10:02:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Temporarily added highlighting property for some experiments  (Read 5462 times)
BohdanT

Life is difficult, but fortunately is short!

« on: September 23, 2008, 11:53:02 AM »

It is possible more in detail?
staubesv
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 12:05:37 PM »

I added this property because I use it in a GUI builder experiment. It basically draws a transluent selection box as visual component foreground. I really just added it because I want to use the newest version of the module WMComponents.Mod without adapting some personal source code all the time. Most likely, it will be removed later again.

I'll try to decribe the changes somewhat more in details in the future.
BohdanT

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 01:02:21 PM »

In my GUI builder I go to another way.
I created a helper-component (it draws a edited-component) and he is responsible for highlighting, etc.

I did a lot of different samples and the way it seems to me good. Saving and Load of components, generation of oberon-code, etc. working good  Smiley.

But many questions for me still remains open.

Maybe I can help in this project?

* FormDesigner.png (14.29 KB, 458x575 - viewed 555 times.)
staubesv
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 02:11:14 PM »

I was too lazy to implement a helper component... that's why the highlight-property will most likely be removed.

The GUI builder I'm experimenting with is really just a "see what can be done with the existing system"-experiment. Actually, I will try to go more in the direction of the Gadgets system, where a GUI builder tool is not necessary since all GUI components can be edited in place, but I'm really just starting...

For the GUI builder experiment, the Structure window turned out to be very useful. It allows the precise selection of visual components when multiple vc's overlap each other - something I hate in most existing applications since I never really manage to select "the box behind the box behind another box". For now, a background vc can be selected (blue, where Add will insert new vc's) and a foreground vc (red, can be moved, properties are shown/can be edited)
The Properties window is somethat overkill in size... your table does a better job.

Help: For now, it is not really a project (I have not changed the GUI builder for months), but as soon as a reach the interesting question, I would appreciate to discuss about them...

* Test.jpg (49.93 KB, 800x609 - viewed 520 times.)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 02:13:03 PM by staubesv » Logged
soren renner
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 12:54:54 AM »

Gadgets?! Gadgets was FANTASTIC. I loved everything about NO. I was reluctant to transition to Bluebottle. Bluebottle (now A2, apparently) is good in its own way, and the Active Oberon extensions are useful, but I still miss my Gadgets desktop and mouse chording.
Pat

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 01:03:16 PM »

Sven wrote:
"something I hate in most existing applications since I never really manage to select "the box behind the box behind another box"."

------
Yes, it would be very useful to have a keystroke that shrinks all windows to the size of their nameplates (or subpanels, in the case of multipanel editors). Thus, the visual components would be mostly visible and could be clicked to bring them to the foreground before the windows are redisplayed.

Pat
BohdanT

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 06:22:33 PM »

Yes, it would be very useful to have a keystroke that shrinks all windows to the size of their nameplates (or subpanels, in the case of multipanel editors). Thus, the visual components would be mostly visible and could be clicked to bring them to the foreground before the windows are redisplayed.

In my VirtKeyboard, I made it possible to increase/decrease the window(I'm wrote about this proj. in another topic, but recent sources, I did not send).
But I faced a problem: I did not get to change the font size.
Also same font can not be changed.
Maybe I was looking bad, then correct me, I will be happy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: