Oberon Community Platform Forum
December 14, 2019, 05:25:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: customized native A2  (Read 3137 times)
soren renner
Global Moderator

« on: October 29, 2008, 08:12:07 PM »

I changed [windows key + home] zoom out desktop to [ctrl + windows key] by editing WindowManager.Mod and recompiling. I also changed the constant for the number of zoom steps from 16 to 3. Now I can quickly zoom out and click with the mouse to zoom back in.

MORAL: It is better to modify code than to use a configuration file.

thank you ETHZ!!!
staubesv
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 09:45:37 PM »

When I find some time, I'll add some Window Manager configuration settings to Configuration.XML ...  Embarrassed

BTW: I quite nice way to somewhat improve the situation is HotKeys.Mod. Basically, you can assign commands to key combinations. In WMNavigate.Mod (HotKeysCommands.Mod in older revisions), there are some useful Window Manager commands. For example, it is possible to set the viewport range (and therefore implicitly the zoom level). In HotKeys.XML you find an example of a virtual desktop incl. overview of all virtual desktops realized using that command. To activate hotkeys, call HotKeys.Open ~.
HotKeys.Mod can also do nasty things as remap key (combinations) to other key (combinations), but that should be used carefully  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: