Oberon Community Platform Forum
November 19, 2019, 07:12:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antialiasing in 2D graphics  (Read 4536 times)
sage

« on: February 01, 2009, 06:07:03 PM »

The experience gained from experiments with adaptive antialiasing found suitable for antialiasing in 2D graphics.
BohdanT modified WMClock module to draw a pretty clock's arrows in analog mode.
The result was good, but the whole picture was spoiled by the effect of aliasing on arrows.
I decided to demonstrate the possibility of using adaptive antialiasing, in this case too. The multilevel adaptive antialiasing is now fully implemented, and the number of the levels may be provided.
http://sage.com.ua/files/AA2DGraphics.zip
Here is the result of the algorithm:

* AA2DGraphics.png (56.28 KB, 215x173 - viewed 590 times.)
Alexey

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 06:39:06 PM »

Well done, Sage!

but there is a small problem Smiley, in particular with rendering the arrows. The length of all arrows changes with the change of their position. The effect is quite well seen with the seconds arrow. This is somehow aliasing problem of drawing narrow arrow endings at different angles.

Regards,

Alexey
staubesv
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 11:31:41 PM »

Looks pretty nice!  Cool
sage

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 06:32:20 AM »

This is somehow aliasing problem of drawing narrow arrow endings at different angles.
Probably, problem may disappear if arrow endings will be blunt a little. It's possible to add one more triangle to arrow's shape  Wink
sage

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 06:37:25 AM »

Looks pretty nice!  Cool
Thanks! Actually, I don't like arrows' colors Grin I think, clock may looks even better with different colors with some alpha values, because alpha-blending also supported  Wink
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 07:44:03 AM by sage » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: