Oberon Community Platform Forum
October 14, 2019, 06:22:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OCP overview needed  (Read 6567 times)
DGDanforth

« on: January 23, 2008, 01:07:35 AM »

The home page of the ocp site needs to have an overview of the history of Oberon and the different forms of Oberon, i.e. Bluebottle, AOS, ...   It also needs a statement of the goals for Oberon by ETH.
What's happening?  What about .NET?  What about cross platform development?  Why is Oberon still being pursued?  ...

A general overview is definitely needed.

Light through maple leaves
staubesv
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 09:28:47 AM »

We definitely need a bit more information about the purpose of OCP on the homepage and also some references to a site for more general information/history about Oberon.

The OCP website, however, is more targeted to people that already know/use Oberon ('community'). Its purpose is to provide a platform to the community, i.e. Oberon users and developers, to find and exchange Oberon related knowledge.

Note that everybody is welcome to help getting some good content on OCP. Editing Wikis is really not a big deal. Just ask for the edit password at ocp _ at _ inf.ethz.ch. (The reason why we don't publish the edit password is that we want to have an idea about how many people have access to it)
staubesv
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 10:53:35 AM »

I've just added some very basic information about Oberon and OCP. Just to let you know: This is supposed to be extended over time.
We have to make sure, however, that the overlapping between OCP and www.oberon.ethz.ch doesn't get too worse.
staubesv
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 10:52:47 PM »

I've just started a little overview systems about what Oberon systems/language are available (see http://www.ocp.inf.ethz.ch/wiki/Documentation/Oberon). Since I joined the team at a time where AOS/Bluebottle was already available, I don't know much about other Oberon systems than ETH Oberon or AOS.

Any volunteer willing to write descriptions of other Oberon systems?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: