Oberon Community Platform Forum
May 27, 2017, 07:48:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Aos.exe contain Virus[tr/crypt.xpack.gen trojan] in WinAos.r2081 ?  (Read 22441 times)
gluon

« on: December 04, 2009, 09:31:46 PM »

Does Aos.exe contain Virus[tr/crypt.xpack.gen trojan] in WinAos.r2081 ?

Avira AntiVir reports that the Aos.exe contains virus[tr/crypt.xpack.gen trojan] .
Minutes ago, I downloaded the WinAos.r2081 and got Aos.exe running, and got the alarm. 

I ignored the alarm and went on launching and running Aos.exe, things were going smoothly.
I took the risks because I respect the researchers/programmers in Oberon/Aos/Bluebottle/A2 evolution, and trust them.
I googled about this alarm, got nothing.
So what then? Maybe it was just another wrong alarm, then this trivial info should be in the future packages. Thanks.
BohdanT

Life is difficult, but fortunately is short!

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 10:22:20 PM »

This is a problem with your antivirus software.
You can recompile, relink WinAos and compare with the downloaded.
Also, in this case, you can analyze the map-file.

Do not forget that in fact WinAos - an operating system that runs under Windows. And many things are not needed for use for most Windows-based programs , but uses virus. Therefore, the warning may occur.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 10:29:06 PM by BohdanT » Logged
gluon

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 11:00:13 PM »

Thanks BohdanT.

But I am expecting less with the recompiled exe to check the safety of the old one.
You know, so many compiling options can vary the bin, unless we get the exact original compiler and options.
After all we can analyze it out, though it will take much time of a newbie of that kind of analyzing Smiley

So that is why open source is so important to us, I believe.

And I think the antivirus program should recognize some code pattern in the exe as danger, without calculating the percentage of the use/useless over total. And most part of the exe do use Windows API, I think.

This is a problem with your antivirus software.
You can recompile, relink WinAos and compare with the downloaded.
Also, in this case, you can analyze the map-file.

Do not forget that in fact WinAos - an operating system that runs under Windows. And many things are not needed for use for most Windows-based programs , but uses virus. Therefore, the warning may occur.
staubesv
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 01:45:53 PM »

We reported the file aos.exe to Avira. They responded that it has been determined to be a false positive and that detection would be removed from their virus definition file with one of the next updates.
gluon

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 10:37:29 PM »

Thank you Sven. Smiley

We reported the file aos.exe to Avira. They responded that it has been determined to be a false positive and that detection would be removed from their virus definition file with one of the next updates.
staubesv
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 09:14:51 AM »

Hmm... Avira still determines aos.exe as false positive. Maybe it would help if some other users would report this file at http://analysis.avira.com/samples/index.php.
Bernhard T.
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 03:10:43 PM »

I got yet another Virus Warning yesterday, when I downloaded from the subversion repository. I fed the current AOS.exe together with links into ocp & this forum thread into to the false positive complaint input of Avira.

Bernhard
Bernhard T.
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 02:31:50 PM »

Aviras reply:

A listing of files alongside their results can be found below:

File ID  Filename Size (Byte) Result
25705280  Aos.EXE  280 KB  FALSE POSITIVE

Please find a detailed report concerning each individual sample below:

Filename Result
 Aos.EXE  FALSE POSITIVE

The file 'Aos.EXE' has been determined to be 'FALSE POSITIVE'. In particular this means that this file is not malicious but a false alarm. Detection will be removed from our virus definition file (VDF) with one of the next updates.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 12:43:39 PM by Bernhard T. » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: