Oberon Community Platform Forum
October 16, 2019, 02:31:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aos on MacOS X Leopard  (Read 5655 times)
dukester

On Faceflow I'm dukester

« on: June 09, 2010, 08:03:09 PM »

Thanks to Mr Feldman, I've got Aos up and running.

Problem: Meta key

Can't seem to get _any_ to behave like Meta. Any ideas?
--
dukester

duke
staubesv
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 09:44:40 AM »

The key combination CTRL+ALT can also be used as META key.

The command WMKeyCode.Open (in Aos, not Oberon) opens a window that displays the currently pressed keys. This can be useful to see what keys/key combinations work.

The command HotKeys.Open enables hot keys (essentially assign commands to key (combinations)). These commands are defined in HotKeys.XML. The hot key feature can also be used to remap keys (at the bottom of HotKeys.XML you'll find an example for a key remapping)
dukester

On Faceflow I'm dukester

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 01:07:05 AM »

The key combination CTRL+ALT can also be used as META key.

The command WMKeyCode.Open (in Aos, not Oberon) opens a window that displays the currently pressed keys. This can be useful to see what keys/key combinations work.

The command HotKeys.Open enables hot keys (essentially assign commands to key (combinations)). These commands are defined in HotKeys.XML. The hot key feature can also be used to remap keys (at the bottom of HotKeys.XML you'll find an example for a key remapping)

OK! but where do I type those commands? Remember, I've _never_ played with an Oberon system _at all_. Do I type those in the PET? I lied! I did look around some... Wink TIA...
--
dukester

duke
staubesv
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 09:08:04 AM »

You can type this commands somewhere (e.g. in the Kernel Log window, PET, ...) and activate them using a mouse middle-click (or hold CTRL down and left-click). The text output of commands (if any) is then displayed in the Kernel Log Window (Main Menu -> System -> Log).

What kind of "commands" can be executed is described in the first chapter of

http://www.ocp.inf.ethz.ch/wiki/Documentation/Language?action=download&upname=A2QuickStartGuide.pdf
Bernhard T.
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 03:27:23 PM »

Andre Fischer's intro might also help you to climb up on the steep learning curve. You can find it here:
http://www.ocp.inf.ethz.ch/wiki/Documentation/Applications?action=download&upname=A2Documentation.pdf

Bernhard
dukester

On Faceflow I'm dukester

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 06:13:38 PM »

Andre Fischer's intro might also help you to climb up on the steep learning curve. You can find it here:
http://www.ocp.inf.ethz.ch/wiki/Documentation/Applications?action=download&upname=A2Documentation.pdf

Bernhard

Looks to be what I needed! Thanks.
--
Duke

duke
dukester

On Faceflow I'm dukester

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 06:22:28 PM »

You can type this commands somewhere (e.g. in the Kernel Log window, PET, ...) and activate them using a mouse middle-click (or hold CTRL down and left-click). The text output of commands (if any) is then displayed in the Kernel Log Window (Main Menu -> System -> Log).

OK! I'm using a Logitech 2 button + clickable wheel on my MacOS X box. I have the wheel programmed to simply "click" as the middle button. Sound correct to you? Now in Aos, if I move the mouse pointer over a word, a red line appears underneath that word. Is this correct behavior? As well, if I move the mouse pointer over the name of a file, e.g. Tetris.Mod, and click the mouse wheel, tetris executes. Works for me, but is this correct behavior? BTW, I am _not_ depressing any keys while doing this , i.e. no Alt/Ctrl/shift etc. I still need to get this META thing working.

What kind of "commands" can be executed is described in the first chapter of

http://www.ocp.inf.ethz.ch/wiki/Documentation/Language?action=download&upname=A2QuickStartGuide.pdf

I'll read it! Thanks!
--
Duke
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:13:14 PM by dukester » Logged

duke
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: