Oberon Community Platform Forum
November 21, 2019, 06:09:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't mount FatFS anymore  (Read 10514 times)
dukester

On Faceflow I'm dukester

« on: August 12, 2010, 04:36:09 AM »

Yesterday I could Wink Today No...

I said this:

FileSystem.Mount FAT FatFS IDE0#6 ~

The Kernel.Log responded:

FAT: unknown alias FatFS

??

duke
staubesv
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 08:45:36 AM »

Have you played with the configuration file Oberon.Text? The file system aliases should be listed there. In NO alpha's Install.Oberon.Text found in Build.zip, for example, the section looks like this:

OFS = {
   Alias = {
      NatFS = { OFSDiskVolumes.New OFSN2KFiles.NewFS }
      AosFS = { OFSDiskVolumes.New OFSAosFiles.NewFS }
                         [...]
      FatFS = { OFSFATVolumes.New OFSFATFiles.NewFS }
   }
}

So the file system aliases are need to know the commands required to generete a file system instance.
dukester

On Faceflow I'm dukester

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 01:48:20 PM »

Have you played with the configuration file Oberon.Text? The file system aliases should be listed there.

I have!  Embarrassed

In NO alpha's Install.Oberon.Text found in Build.zip, for example, the section looks like this:

OFS = {
   Alias = {
      NatFS = { OFSDiskVolumes.New OFSN2KFiles.NewFS }
      AosFS = { OFSDiskVolumes.New OFSAosFiles.NewFS }
                         [...]
      FatFS = { OFSFATVolumes.New OFSFATFiles.NewFS }
   }
}

So the file system aliases are need to know the commands required to generete a file system instance.

I saw them -- at the very top - I think? But I never touched them! Do I (should I ) "save" these files every time I open them - even if it's only to have a look?

duke
staubesv
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 02:37:10 PM »

As long as you don't change anything saving the file doesn't make much sense... If you change the settings, a backup of the original file can be useful in case that something goes wrong.

To make it work again, try to restore the old Oberon.Text file (in the latest NO alpha release, its name is Rel.Oberon.Text). I'm not sure what is the easiest way to do so... maybe put it to your FAT volume, boot from F.D.D. and copy from FAT volume to Oberon volume (and rename to Oberon.Text).
dukester

On Faceflow I'm dukester

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 02:44:59 PM »

As long as you don't change anything saving the file doesn't make much sense... If you change the settings, a backup of the original file can be useful in case that something goes wrong.

That's what I thought too! Then again, I'm new to Oberon et al, so maybe things are done differently.

To make it work again, try to restore the old Oberon.Text file (in the latest NO alpha release, its name is Rel.Oberon.Text). I'm not sure what is the easiest way to do so... maybe put it to your FAT volume, boot from F.D.D. and copy from FAT volume to Oberon volume (and rename to Oberon.Text).

Could I not just edit the Oberon.Text file, and make sure that all the aliases are there? Then reboot.

duke
dukester

On Faceflow I'm dukester

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 03:28:33 PM »

I just got back from a quick look at my NO system.

Oberon.Text does have all the aliases there! I was wrong though - the aliases are more like towards the bottom of the file. Anyway, is there a possibility that the alias section never gets read, because of something wrong before that section?

duke
dukester

On Faceflow I'm dukester

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 01:12:49 AM »

The Ultimate Oberon Hacker  ( in training ) solved the problem!  Grin

I moved the entire OFS { ... } section to the beginning of the Oberon.Text file. It was hiding  2/3 of the way down. I thought that maybe I hosed some syntax/punctuation the other day when I was fooling around with it, and that the OFS ssection was never being read.

It worked! Now I have to go and find out why? Again, thanks for all the advise and help!

duke
dukester

On Faceflow I'm dukester

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 02:50:36 PM »

Nice to that my past struggles installing and configuring NO are of use to someone else. I guess that's the whole point of searching the forum archives. Smiley Good job!

Have fun playing with Oberon!

duke
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: