Oberon Community Platform Forum
December 14, 2019, 05:22:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PET File Load Error in WinAOS  (Read 3283 times)
R.Auge

« on: August 24, 2010, 04:24:50 AM »

I've noticed that some .Mod files do not load correctly into the version of PET I am using (V 2.1 from WinAOS).  Specifically the the beginning of the file is truncated when loaded.  A good example is PET.Mod itself.  I've been able to work around the problem by loading the .Mod files into a windows text editor, removing the data portion of the file before the MODULE keyword, saving it as UTF-8, then reloading the file into PET.

Is this a known issue?  Something unique to my system?  Or a previously unknown problem I have come across?  If so, are there any ideas as to how to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Rai
staubesv
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 09:51:14 AM »

Dear Rai,

If the caption of the Format button in PET starts with "Format : AUTO ...", the format of the file to be loaded is determined automatically when you load it. This way, a Oberon text file (formatted text) is loaded and displayed correctly as well as UTF-8 files and others.

If you manually set the Format, the caption of the Format button will look like "Format : UTF-8", "Format : Oberon", ... If you now press on load, the file will be loaded with that format.

The truncation typically happens when you load an Oberon text formatted file with Format set to UTF-8 ("Format : UTF-8"). In this case, set format to "AUTO" and reload the file.

Best,
Sven

R.Auge

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 10:30:31 PM »

Thanks Sven, that was exactly the problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: