Oberon Community Platform Forum
November 22, 2019, 06:50:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EFI support  (Read 4535 times)
levans

« on: September 02, 2012, 09:31:01 PM »

A (very) long time ago - though maybe not in AOS development terms - there was talk of coming EFI support.

I have a couple of old Macs that are just dying to have AOS installed (!).  Did we ever get EFI support, or is this still a WIP... or even a suspended goal?

BTW, I know this has come up before but I'm now the owner of a few RaspberryPi boards.  To my way of thinking AOS would compliment this hardware beautifully.  AOS is eminently hackable.  It has a flavour of Smalltalk in that regard, but I find it much more fun.  I would love to be hacking out apps on the Pi in Oberon with the beautiful 'vertical integration' of AOS.  I gather this isn't even vaguely possible yet because of the lack of ARM as a target.  Anyway, I guess this is just a +1 for any thoughts there might be about adapting the platform for this or similar hardware.
soren renner
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 05:05:44 PM »

A2 on Android would be fun. It'd need some new compiler targets.
Bernhard T.
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 02:48:41 PM »

A (very) long time ago - though maybe not in AOS development terms - there was talk of coming EFI support.

hmm, I don't remember anything like that ...

I have a couple of old Macs that are just dying to have AOS installed (!).  Did we ever get EFI support, or is this still a WIP... or even a suspended goal?

but Grub 2 has EFI support and should be able to chainload the Oberon bootloader altough I never tried to chainload A2 from Grub 2 ...
--
  Bernhard
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: