Oberon Community Platform Forum
December 15, 2017, 01:14:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Win7 and WinAOS  (Read 3008 times)
tim

« on: February 13, 2011, 12:06:34 PM »

Hello Guys,

I downloaded WinAOS as I was currently using WinAOS 1560 (see version information blow) and I tried to build the new version on Win7 64bit and Win7 32bit without any
success. The compile repeatedly locked up after 30% and the CPU load stayed constand whilst WinAOS was no longer reposponding. I tried different setups in my VMWare
and finally was successful in compiling in a WinXP 32bit setup.

Any thoughts on why the compile does not run on Win7? I am currently having problems with a Moxa uPort 1250 based serial port on my WinAOS build which is the reason
why I have been trying to move forward.

Cheers
Tim

ETH WinAos / BluebottleTM / WinAos Revision 1560 (27.08.2008)
    on Windows XP Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Tim@OSIRIS300
sage

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 09:36:47 AM »

Why not try to use more fresh release from svn repository? See wiki description http://www.ocp.inf.ethz.ch/wiki/Development/Repository
tim

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 05:16:56 PM »

Yes, just tried that, works ... Perfect. I was wondering who is in control of the interfaces in the overall system, I had to change the following calls in our
compiler ...

diagnostics.Warning( R.Pos() - 1, 0, msg);
diagnostics.Warning("...",R.Pos() - 1, 0, msg);

As I do not really know what this was to be used for, I just added 3 dots ;-)

And in a application we use, I had to comment the following line as the interface changed as well

SetTitle( "Minos Terminal" );

Thanks
Tim
soren renner
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 09:13:22 PM »

Unfortunately the repository version no longer works in Linux using "wine" -- there is a compiler trap -- I assume the problem is with wine since the repository Aos.EXE works for you.
staubesv
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 09:46:03 AM »

diagnostics.Warning( R.Pos() - 1, 0, msg);
diagnostics.Warning("...",R.Pos() - 1, 0, msg);

As I do not really know what this was to be used for, I just added 3 dots ;-)

The source parameter contains the name of the file that is processed (if applicable). This enables the output of diagnostics to contain a string of the form source@position, e.g. Compiler.Mod@3454. The command PET.Open source@position will open the file source and place the cursor to position position (also, a middle-right interclick on source@position will do so).

SetTitle( "Minos Terminal" );

Assuming you mean WMWindowManger.Window.SetTitle, you should write SetTitle(Strings.NewString("Minos Terminal"));.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: