Oberon Community Platform Forum
December 14, 2019, 06:41:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UnixAOS and Framebuffer Screen?  (Read 3770 times)
greim

« on: February 20, 2012, 09:55:08 AM »

Hi,

i am trying to run AOS on an embedded system,
which is running Linux, but no X-Windows only a framebuffer device.
Is UnixAOS really using X in an exhaustive way, or only one window as a kind of canvas?
Or in other words: How difficult could it be to port it from X-windows to a FB device ?
I have an embedded screen device which can run Windows-CE (see my similar cross posting at WinAOS) or Linux.

Regards

Markus
gfeldm

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 04:52:02 PM »

Hi Markus,

UnixAos uses the X window system (interface: Unix.X11.Mod, Unix.X11Api.Mod) for all output to the screen (module: Unix.XDisplay.Mod)
and for mouse and keyboard input (module: Unix.KbdMouse.Mod). If you want to use the framebuffer instead of X11 you need replacements
for the two modules Unix.XDisplay.Mod and Unix.KbdMouse.Mod. Maybe it's easy to modify some sources from LNO and adapt then to
A2 IO system.

But with UnixAos it is possible to create applications which don't need X11 and start them from the Linux command line
      aos -x M.P

Please have a look at StandaloneOberonAppl.Text and the small demo module included in LinusAos.  (Docu --> UnixAos Diffs)

-- Guenter

greim

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 05:30:44 PM »

Hi G√ľnther,

thanks for the hints, i will check it. As far as i have seen so far it should be at least not absolute impossible.

Markus
Bernhard T.
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 02:56:16 PM »

Please have a look at StandaloneOberonAppl
where can I find it?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: