Oberon Community Platform Forum
November 22, 2019, 06:56:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RaspberryPi (was: EFI support)  (Read 5369 times)
Bernhard T.
Administrator

« on: September 17, 2012, 03:24:51 PM »

BTW, I know this has come up before but I'm now the owner of a few RaspberryPi boards.  To my way of thinking AOS would compliment this hardware beautifully.  AOS is eminently hackable.  It has a flavour of Smalltalk in that regard, but I find it much more fun.  I would love to be hacking out apps on the Pi in Oberon with the beautiful 'vertical integration' of AOS.  I gather this isn't even vaguely possible yet because of the lack of ARM as a target.  Anyway, I guess this is just a +1 for any thoughts there might be about adapting the platform for this or similar hardware.

absolutely correct. But what do you mean by 'vertical integration'?

AFAIK, there is ARM support (at least it is mentioned in André Fischer's User Guide) and there is/was Bernhard Egger's DNARD port (which is also ARM based).

But: the graphics engine of RaspberryPi is closed source, so it might be necessary to layer A2 on top of raspbian first and do some stracing of the graphic calls ...
--
  Bernhard
soren renner
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 04:42:24 PM »

I'd like to get UnixAos on Android. Need ARM compiler backend for A2.
Bernhard T.
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 02:38:26 AM »

I'd like to get UnixAos on Android. Need ARM compiler backend for A2.
there is currently no ARM backend for FoxCompiler, although Fox.Tool has SystemFree for some FoxARM... modules. So you might consider to contact Felix Friedrich directly and ask for it ... he might be delighted if someone helps out ...

There is a Paco ARM backend ... PCARM.Mod, PCARMCP.Mod PCARMRegisters.Mod
--
  Bernhard
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 01:02:45 PM by Bernhard T. » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: