Oberon Community Platform Forum
October 14, 2019, 06:36:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Building UnixAOS from svn  (Read 2678 times)
leledumbo

« on: February 18, 2015, 05:31:47 PM »

I just download the latest rev.5869 of UnixAOS and checkout the latest A2 source from svn, I want to update the installation to the current svn. Symlinking required dirs as explained . I can't find any ReleaseBuild.Tool, so I look around and buildtools contain Linux.<arch>.Tool, looking at its content it seems to fit my needs. However, the Compiler.Compile failed with a trap that it can't create temp file. I try to reproduce using a small source (adapted from Files.Mod):
Code:
MODULE Test;

IMPORT Files;

PROCEDURE Do*;
VAR f: Files.File; w: Files.Writer;
BEGIN
f := Files.New("NewAOS/.tmp.txt"); (* create a new file (not visible yet) *)
IF f # NIL THEN
Files.OpenWriter(w, f, 0); (* open a buffer on the file *)
w.Update; (* write the last buffer to the file *)
Files.Register(f) (* enter the file in the directory *)
END;
END Do;

END Test.
Executing Test.Do, I get the same UnixFiles.File.Create: open failed trap. I check if it's a permission problem but it doesn't seem so. aos executable is owned by root and should be able to do anything root can. What should I do to fix it?

* Trap_20150218__234818.txt (1.48 KB - downloaded 221 times.)
fld

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 07:17:01 PM »

> I just download the latest rev.5869 of UnixAOS and checkout the latest A2 source from svn, I want to update the installation
> to the current svn. Symlinking required dirs as explained . I can't find any ReleaseBuild.Tool, so I look around and buildtools

Hi leldumbo,
if you want to create a new UnixAos version read the following text contained in the UnixAos release:

Docu -> UnixAos Build.

The information in the A2 wiki about building UnixAos is not entirely correct. sorry. The wiki names the statically linked
core LinuxAOSCore but it should read LinuxAosCore and the needed subdirectory 'NewAos' is missing.

You can't find the file 'ReleaseBuild.Tool' because you have to create it with the following command:

Release.Build  LinuxAos ~

> contain Linux.<arch>.Tool, looking at its content it seems to fit my needs. However, the Compiler.Compile failed with a trap
> that it can't create temp file. I try to reproduce using a small source (adapted from Files.Mod):
> Code:
> [ . . . ]

You cannot create the file 'NewAOS/.tmp.txt' if the subdirectory 'NewAOS' doesn't exist! Moreover the directory
should be named 'NewAos' (hard coded in the boot linker).

-- G√ľnter

>
> Executing Test.Do, I get the same UnixFiles.File.Create: open failed trap. I check if it's a permission problem but it doesn't
> seem so. aos executable is owned by root and should be able to do anything root can. What should I do to fix it?
leledumbo

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 03:29:13 AM »

if you want to create a new UnixAos version read the following text contained in the UnixAos release:

Docu -> UnixAos Build.
I found it as UnixAos.Tool, this one seems to be more up to date and mentions everything you said before. After creating CompileCommand.Tool, I still need to manually create NewAos folder, though. So I guess the command doesn't create the required subfolder itself. The doc doesn't even mention that one must execute CompileCommand.Tool contents before proceeding to the next step. Everything else seems to work after that.

One last question, is the AMD64 build stable? I'm on 64-bit Linux so it could be good to make a 64-bit build.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: